Bisque Imports / Bling Box Technique Sheet
Bling Box Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Create this pretty trinket box with a monogrammed design that perfectly matches your one-of-a-kind style.
1295 Big Round Box
8009 1/4" Art Tape
9599 Hydra Art Sponge
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN341-8 Light Pink
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
CN512-8 Green Apple
FD258 Pure White
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut out both printed flower silhouette templates and trace each shape onto contact paper. Cut out each shape, remove the protective backing, then adhere along the box lid border.
3. Cut out the label template shape and trace shape onto contact paper. Once cut, adhere to the center of the box lid.
4. Mask stripes across the box lid with 1/4" Art Tape.
5. Sponge the box lid surface with 3 coats of Dark Black. Let dry.
6. Once dry, remove the Art Tape and label contact paper shape, keeping the floral shapes intact. Fill in the label shape with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean. Let dry.
7. Once dry, remove the remaining contact paper shapes. Use a water-based marker to sketch the details within each floral silhouette.
8. Alternate using 3 coats each of Light Pink and Dark Honeysuckle to fill in each circle flower shape.
9. Fill in the leaf shapes with 3 coats of Green Apple. Let dry.
10. In the center of the box, sketch the monogram design of your choice. Trace over the letters with a detail brush and Dark Black. Let dry.
11. Add swirls inside each flower and dots along the label border with Pure White.
12. Paint the box lid edge with 3 coats of Dark Black.
13. Mask stripes around the box bottom with 1/4" Art Tape. Once masked, sponge over the area with 3 coats of Dark Black. Let dry, then remove Art Tape.
14. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |