Can you say adorable? Glass fish add nautical whimsy to this mosaic scene.
950 4.25" Square Tile 956 8" Square Tile BIM120 Starry Night Tile Assortment BIM141 Turquoise Iridescent Mosaic Tiles 20 mm BIM152 Purple Rain Iridescent Mosaic Tiles 10 mm BIM153 Midnight Water Iridescent Mosaic Tiles 10 mm BIM161 Passion Iridescent Mosaic Tiles 10 mm BIM215 Glimmer Green Gold-Veined Mosaic Tiles 20 mm BIM8-50420 Weldbond BIM-White-8oz White Grout OC1-96 Odd-Cuts Assortment Glass RAA-5103 Cobalt Blue RAA-5117 Cadmium Green RAA-5143 Cerulean Blue SM96 Mardi Gras Stringers SP-8234 Glas Tac ST340 1" Running Pliers ST352 Pistol Grip Glass Cutter ST356 Wheel Mosaic Nipper
Assorted Paintbrushes Latex Gloves Paper Towels Pencil Plastic Spoon Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Warm Glass Fish : 1. Place a piece of Thinfire Shelf Paper on an unfired 4" tile. Write the camper's name on the shelf paper using a Silver Sharpie.
2. Using various pieces from the Odd-Cuts assortment, create fish, coral, or seaweed shapes.
3. Accent the shapes with small pieces of Stringers or Frit. Adhere the pieces using a small dot of Glas-Tac glue.
4. Transfer to the kiln. Fire to a contour fuse.
Mosaic 8" Square TIle : 1. With a pencil, sketch 3 waves extending across the tile.
2. Use adhesive to attach the glass fish to the tile.
3. To make sea coral, attach Passion Iridescent tiles extending from the bottom of the tile.
4. As starfish, attach 4 yellow Starry Night tiles to the bottom section.
5. Using a wheel mosaic nipper to cut tiles to a desired size if needed, attach Glimmer Green Gold-Veined tiles to fill in the bottom section.
6. Fill in the second section by attaching Purple Rain Iridescent tiles.
7. Fill in the third section by attaching Turquoise Iridescent tiles.
8. Finally, fill in the top section by attaching Midnight Water Iridescent tiles.
9. Let your mosaic project dry for 24-48 hours. Once dry, following the grouting instructions to grout your project using White grout.
10. Clean off any excess grout from your project. To color the grout, first use water to dilute Cadmium Green. Brush the diluted color over the bottom section. With a paper towel, immediately clean the paint from the tile surfaces. Repeat using Cobalt Blue and Cerulean Blue to color the remaining grout area.