Latex Gloves Paintbrush Paper Towels Pencil Plastic Spoon (to mix grout) Small Disposable Bowl (for grout mix) Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Sketch your design onto the mosaic base with a pencil.
2. Using Weldbond as adhesive, adhere Bubblegum Glitter tiles to the butterfly body. Use Wheel Mosaic Nippers to nip tiles to the desired size, if needed.
3. Adhere 2 Sun Ray Glitter tiles to the tip of each top wing, and 1 tile to the tip of each bottom wing.
4. Adhere Persian Blue Smoothies to fill in the remaining area of each top wing.
5. Fill in the remaining areas of each bottom wing with Teal Smoothies.
6. Let your mosaic project dry for 24 hours. Then, follow the grouting instructions below to grout your project using White grout:
GROUTING INSTRUCTIONS : 1. Pour grout into a disposable bowl. 2. Use a plastic spoon to mix in small amounts of water until you achieve an oatmeal consistency. 3. Spread grout mix over project surface, allowing the grout to fill in all gaps between the tiles. Wear plastic gloves to keep your hands clean. 4. Allow project to dry for 10-15 minutes, then wipe off excess grout with a paper towel.
7. Once grouted, paint the edges with acrylics if desired.