Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Pencil Thin Permanent Marker Tissue Paper Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Print out a copy of the template we've provided. Place a piece of gift wrapping tissue paper over the template. With a pencil, trace over the design image.
3. Position the tissue paper onto the switch plate. Use a thin permanent marker to slowly trace the design again. The ink from the marker will bleed onto the bisque surface. Once finished, lift the tissue paper to reveal your transferred design.
4. First, paint the head of the elephant, except for the eyes and the shapes inside the ears, with 3 coats of Light Nautical. Paint the legs of the elephant in the same way.
5. Paint the body and tail with 3 coats of Bright Jade. Let dry, then paint the end hair on the tail with 3 coats of Light Nautical.
6. Paint the inside of each ear, as well as the elephant's trunk, with 3 coats of Light Salsa. Let dry. Paint the very end of the trunk with an oval using 3 coats of Dark Honeysuckle.
7. Paint stripes on the elephant's trunk with Dark Delft. With a detail brush and Dark Delft, outline the oval end of the trunk.
8. Paint the toes of the elephant with 3 coats of Dark Delft.
9. Paint the inside circle on each of the eyes with 3 coats of Dark Delft.
10. Finally, with a detail brush, outline the elephant's head and ears with 3 coats of Dark Delft. Let dry.