Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Dispense a small amount of Black Glassline paint onto your palette.
2. Lightly sponge 3 coats of the Glassline paint onto a White Opalescent glass slab.
TIP: For best results, allow project to dry in between coats.
3. Print out the provided template design or another design of your choice, and cut out a piece of Saral Transfer Paper of similar size.
4. Place the Saral Paper - red side facing down - onto the project base, then position the printed design on top.
5. Use a pen to trace the design. Once complete, remove printed design and Saral Paper to reveal your transferred design.
6. Using a toothpick or the tapered end of a paintbrush, sgraffito - or scratch away the paint - within the design areas.
7. Once design is complete, position project onto a Clear Transparent glass slab - Glassline surface facing up - and full fuse using the 6-segment firing schedule.
8. Once fired, slump project as desired using the slumping firing schedule. For this project, we used the Small Roma Rectangle as a slump mold. To do this, drill holes in each corner of the center base of the plate and apply mold primer to the surface prior to use. Once mold is prepared, slump project using the 6-segment firing schedule.