Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using a pencil, sketch two quarter-sized circles on the top front of the ornament to create eyes and a triangle in between the eyes to create a beak. Create a large oval starting right off the eyes for his belly.
3. Dip the Fan Brush (dry) into Earthen Moss, Bright Ginger, and Bright Briarwood. Blot all over ornament leaving eyes and belly unpainted to create texture on the owl's body. Build layers on the body, using some colors more heavily than others to create more depth.
4. Next, apply three coats of Ginger Sprinkles on the eye areas. Once dry, paint two small Sunflower circles to create eyes. Outline in Bright Briarwood and add a dot in each eye for his pupil. Paint the beak Dark Taupe adding Bright Briarwood stripes on top.
5. Using the Liner Brush, add marks around the circles to create a stitched look. Add accents on top of the eyes with Bright Briarwood.
6. Apply a heavy layer of Fired Snow on top of the belly to create a nice, fluffy texture.
7. Once the Snow is dry, water down Ivory and gently dab on top of snow. Using the Liner, create tiny dots with Bright Briarwood on top of his belly.
8. Dip in Clear Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
9. Once fired, cut out burlap for wings and adhere on either side using the E6000 glue. Cut a string and tie through the top.