Design courtesy of Duncan ILovetoCreate
Take a step back in time and put a vintage spin on the holiday with Duncan.
2326 Square Coupe Dinner
2345 Square Sauce Bowl
CN033-8 Dark Butternut
CN083-8 Dark Wine
CN103-8 Dark Heather
CN173-8 Dark Kelp
CN181-8 Light Kiwi
CN507-8 Neon Red
FD254 Black Licorice
FD271 French Kiwi
FD278 French Really Red
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Clay carbon paper
Lace of choice, approximately 6" x 14" (with finished scalloped edge)
Tracing paper, 1 sheet approximately 8" x 10"
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to prepare for painting.
LARGE PLATE: 2. From pattern, trace "Joy" and large flowers on contact paper. Cut out flowers with scissors and craft knife for "Joy".
3. Make a light line to follow for "Joy" placement.
4. Remove backing from patterns. Position and adhere as shown in the photo.
5. Sponge two coats Neon Chartreuse over plate. Let dry between coats.
6. While paint is still damp from second coat, lay the strip of lace down the right side. Refer to photo. Tap down lace on damp paint to adhere. Let dry.
7. With lace still in place, sponge a third coat of Neon Chartreuse over the entire plate and over the lace. Let dry. Remove lace and stencils.
8. Use pattern, carbon paper and pencil to transfer pattern onto masked area.
9. Apply 3 coats of Bright Butternut to the center of the flowers.
10. Paint 3 coats Neon Red to outer area of top flower.
11. Brush 3 coats of Dark Wine to star shaped area of top flower and the outer petals of the bottom flower.
12. Paint center of bottom flower with 3 coats Dark Kelp. Using Liner brush, paint lines from center and outline the Butternut design with Dark Kelp.
13. Use Liner brush to paint 2 coats of Dark Kelp shadows on "Joy."
14. Trace scroll design on tracing paper. Place carbon paper on right side of plate. Pencil over lines to transfer image on top of lace imprint.
15. Using Liner brush, paint two coats Deep Wine on scroll and floral designs.
16. Use back end of paintbrush to dot center of small flowers with Dark Kelp.
17. Shake each French Dimensions color and test on paper towel for even flow. Apply colors in the following manner: Outline outer petals of the top flower with Really Red. Add dots to center of flower and outline with Black Licorice.Add dots in center of bottom flower and outline lace edging with French Kiwi.
18. Using end of brush, make Bright Butternut dots in center of bottom flower. Continue with random dots of Light Kiwi and Dark Kelp around plate. Let dry.
SMALL PLATE: 1. Trace pattern with pencil onto contact paper. Cut out and adhere to center of plate. Cover plate with 3 coats Neon Red. Remove stencil.
2. Using pattern, tracing & carbon paper ,and pencil, transfer design to plate.
3. Refer to photo and paint in flower using Neon Red, Light Kiwi, Dark Wine, Dark Kelp, Dark Butternut, and French Dimensions Black Licorice.
Dip both pieces in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.