Bisque Imports / Citrus Sunshine Technique Sheet
Citrus Sunshine Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Every summer has its own story. Capture yours with this fun, vibrant frame design!
1798 Perfect Picture Frame 4x6
8013 Art Tape Assortment
9599 Hydra Art Sponge
CN012-8 Bright Straw
CN151-8 Light Blue Spruce
CN181-8 Light Kiwi
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN504-8 Neon Orange
TCW596 Orange Slices - 12" x 12" Template
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Position the Orange Slices stencil onto the frame. Use Art Tape to secure in place, and to mask any areas as needed.
3. Sponge Bright Straw over one of the citrus slice designs, then gently remove stencil.
4. Reposition stencil to add additional citrus slice impressions around the frame using an assortment of Bright Straw, Light Kiwi, and Neon Orange.
5. On your pallet, add water to each citrus color - Bright Straw, Light Kiwi, and Neon Orange - to create diluted color washes.
6. Overlay each Bright Straw citrus design with 1 coat of the Neon Orange color wash.
7. Overlay the Neon Orange citrus design with 1 coat of the Bright Straw color wash.
8. Over the Light Kiwi citrus design with 1 coat of the Light Kiwi color wash. Let dry.
9. Paint the remaining area of the background with 3 coats of Light Blue Spruce, and allow time to dry.
10. Sketch "Sweet Summer" along the top and bottom of the frame with a water-based marker. Trace over the letters with a detail brush and Dark Black. Let dry.
11. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |