Close to Home Technique Sheet
|Rustic and retro come together to create this darling wall decor sign. The perfect piece for when you and your honey decide to retire on the road!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Rustic and retro come together to create this darling wall decor sign.
951 12" Tile
CN032-8 Bright Butternut
CN042-8 Bright Papaya
CN082-8 Bright Wine
CN111-8 Light Delft
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN312-8 Bright Ginger
R2850-4 Aqualon Fan Brush No. 4
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut out the camper template design, trace design onto a sheet of contact paper, then cut out contact paper shape. Remove the protective backing, then firmly adhere contact paper to the center of the tile.
3. Paint the tile surface with 3 coats of Bright Ginger, then let dry.
4. In a small cup, mix a 1-to-1 mixture of water and Bright Briarwood to create a color wash. Use a Fan Brush to brush the color wash over the tile surface. Let dry.
5. Once dry, remove the contact paper shape from the tile surface.
6. Use a water-based marker to sketch the camper design details within the masked shape. Refer to the provided template.
7. Paint the string banner with 3 coats of Bright Wine.
8. Paint the bottom half of the camper body with 3 coats of Light Delft.
9. Paint the door with 3 coats of Bright Papaya.
10. Paint each window panel with 3 coats of Bright Butternut.
11. Paint a small heart with 3 coats of Bright Wine near the rear-end of the camper.
12. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to outline the entire camper design. Use the same color to fill in the tire, and add a dot for the doorknob. Let dry.
13. Use a water-based marker to lightly sketch above and below the camper "Home is where we park it." Use a detail brush and Dark Black to trace over each letter. Let dry.
14. Paint the backside and side edges of the tile with 2-3 coats of Bright Briarwood. Let dry.
15. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |