Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This sweet little plate will tug on the heart strings of romantics everywhere!
2506 Rectangle Tray Large
CN112-8 Bright Delft
CN162-8 Bright Wintergreen
CN202-8 Bright Grey
CN244-8 Really White
CN262-8 Bright Grape
CN507-8 Neon Red
FD258 Pure White
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Adhere painter's tape on the inside edges of the plate, bordering the rectangular center. Press firmly, especially in the corners, to ensure there are no air bubbles. Paint the center area with 3 coats of Bright Delft.
3. Mix a paint blend consisting of Really White and Pure White French Dimensions, in a ratio of approx. 3:1. Blend well. Using this mix and a textured sponge, lightly sponge the center of the plate.
4. Using the same paint mix and a detail brush, paint small and simple snowflake shapes near the edges in the center of the plate. Once dry, remove the painter's tape.
5. On the large heart tile, using the template given (or another image of your choice), carbon paper, and a pencil, transfer the image onto the pottery piece. Place your printed or drawn image on top of carbon paper. Place this onto the piece's surface, in the exact location you would like the image, and trace over the image firmly using a pen. Once done, lift up the image and carbon paper and you should be left with your image transfer. Outline this image using a very fine detail brush and Black. Only 1 or 2 coats is necessary for this.
6. With a textured sponge and Neon Red, sponge a border on the large heart tile.
7. With a detail brush,, color in each person's nose with Neon Red. Then, mix the Neon Red with water and subtly accent the cheeks. Once dry, attach large heart tile to the center of the plate using the Pure White French Dimensions as adhesive.
8. Using a pencil, sketch out differently shaped ornaments on the rim of the plate, near the far left or right side. From the top, sketch a line extending all the way to the top of the plate. Fill in these ornament shapes using a detail brush and any design consisting of Neon Red, Bright Wintergreen, and Bright Grape. Paint the entire line of some ornaments, and paint dots for other ornament lines, using Bright Grey.
9. With a pencil, sketch out "Baby it's cold outside..." at the top, on the rim of the plate. Trace over this using a detail brush and Black.
10. On the bottom rim, sketch out "Christmas" and the year using a pencil and in a smaller font than above. Trace over this using a detail brush and Bright Grey.
11. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.