Decoupage Glue Stick Latex Gloves Magazine or Scrapbook Paper Clippings Paintbrush or Foam Brush Paper Towels Plastic Spoon (to mix grout) Q-Tips Toothpick Scissors Small Disposable Bowl (for grout mix) Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Paint the base surface with Black acrylic paint. Let dry.
2. From magazine or scrapbook paper clippings, cut out an assortment of word art images. You can also ask campers to bring in family photos or create their own word art designs for a personalized touch.
3. Arrange and adhere the image clippings to the project surface to create your collage design. Once adhered, brush on 1-2 coats of decoupage to seal the clippings in place. Let project dry completely.
4. Using Weldbond as adhesive, adhere Azure Blue Glitter tiles around the project border.
5. Using a toothpick to apply corner pinpoints of Weldbond to each tile, adhere an assortment of Clear tiles over the remaining project area.
6. Let your mosaic project dry until all tiles are securely in place. Then, grout your project using White Grout.
7. Once grouted, paint the edges with acrylics if desired.