Detail Writer Bottle (optional, for glass glue) Elmer's Gel Glue Hairspray Spoon Toothpick Tweezers Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Arrange an assortment of colored glass stringers in a checkerboard fashion across the clear circle base. Measure and break each stringer using your fingers to achieve desired lengths for each stringer piece.
2. As each stringer is positioned, secure the ends in place with pinpoints of Elmer's gel glue.
TIP: Position one layer of stringers in a rainbow color pattern, then position the second layer of stringer on top using the same color pattern.
3. Once all stringer pieces have been positioned in place, add pinpoints of Klyr-Fire Glass Glue to each intersecting point. Allow project to dry completely.
4. Once project is dry, use a spoon to add a generous layer of coarse Clear Transparent Frit around the project border.
5. Lightly spritz project with hairspray to secure frit in place.
6. Allow project to dry, then contour fuse using the 6-segment firing schedule.
7. Once fired, drape project over the Large Floral Form drape mold.