Non-aerosol Hairspray Paintbrush Spoon or Cut Angled Straw Toothpick
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Cut an 8" round circle from the Orange Transparent sheet glass blank using a Precision Circle Cutter, a Pistol Grip Glass Cutter, and Running Pliers. Once cut, set aside.
TIP: For an easy tutorial on how to cut glass circles, check out our technique video!
2. On the 8" White project base, use an angled straw or spoon to create a series of concentric circles using a rainbow assortment of opalescent fine Frit colors. Create the center circle first, then extend outwards until the project base is fully covered.
3. Gently pull a toothpick from the center of the project to the outer edge to marbleize the frit. Repeat multiple times to create the look of tie dye.
4. Once complete, lightly spritz project with hairspray or use pinpoints of Glas Tac to secure frit.
5. Place the completed project on the 8" Orange Transparent glass circle cut in step #1.
6. Position assembled project on a sheet of Thinfire and full fuse using the 6-segment firing schedule.
7. Once fired, slump or drape project as desired. For this project, we used the Rim Cereal Bowl as a slump mold. To do this, drill holes through the center base of the bowl and apply mold primer to the surface prior to use. Once mold is prepared, slump project using the 6-segment firing schedule.