Contemporary Blooms Technique Sheet
|Have fun with multiple techniques to create this floral beauty! Using the template provided, and glaze paint, these floral designs really blossom.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Have fun with multiple techniques to create this floral beauty!
303 Curvy Charger Plate
CN052-8 Bright Tangerine
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN313-8 Dark Ginger
CN384-8 Fruit Punch
CN512-8 Green Apple
FD271 French Kiwi
FD274 Light Pink
GA20 Glaze Awayz
SARALRED Saral Transfer Paper
Assorted Paint Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. In the center of plate, place a sheet of Saral Transfer Paper, colored side down. Place word art template directly on top, then use a pen to trace design. Remove template and Saral paper to reveal the transferred design.
3. Using the template provided, repeat step #2 to transfer an assortment of floral designs on the plate rim.
4. Trace over and fill in the word art design with Glaze Awayz liquid latex. Allow 2-3 minutes of drying time before continuing onto next step.
5. Use a large, damp brush to dilute Dark Ginger on your palette. Brush on 1-2 coats of the color wash over the entire plate. Let dry.
6. Using a pin or the tapered end of a paintbrush, gently lift up the liquid latex design.
Optional: Rather than using Glaze Awayz to create the masked work art design, you can also choose to use the sgraffito technique. Once the color wash background has been applied and has dried completely, scratch out the paint within each letter.
7. On the plate rim, trace over each flower with Light Pink French Dimensions. Trace over each stem and each leaf with French Kiwi. Let dry.
8. Pour Bright Caribbean onto your palette. To achieve a watercolor effect, first add a drop of color to one flower petal, towards the center. Dip your paintbrush into water, then return to flower petal. Use the water to pull the color outwards. Repeat until each petal is painted.
9. Repeat step #8 and step #9 to paint two additional flowers, or as desired. Repeat, again, using Bright Tangerine to paint additional flowers.
10. To paint each rose, apply the same watercolor technique using Fruit Punch.
11. Continue using this watercolor technique to fill in each leaf with Green Apple. Allow project to dry completely.
12. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |