Bisque Imports / Cool Blues Technique Sheet
Cool Blues Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Decoupage takes this sweet trivet from amazing to attainable!
2526 Rim Bread Plate
CN520-8 Caribbean Sprinkles
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Fine Tip Permanent Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
To view our video about simple image transfers on bisque, click here
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut the mermaid template out of copy paper.
3. Lay the mermaid on top of a piece of contact paper. Trace around the shape using a fine tip permanent marker.
4. Cut shape out of contact paper and remove sticky backing.
5. Position the mermaid on your plate and carefully smooth into place. Make sure to seal the edges to the piece to avoid paint seeping underneath.
6. Using a large round or a fan brush, paint three solid coats of Caribbean Sprinkles over your mermaid. Allow to dry for 1-2 minutes in between each coat.
7. Once the paint has lost a little bit of it's shine, carefully remove the contact paper using a straight pin. Clean up any blurred edges with the straight pin or a the tapered end of a Royal Brush.
8. If you wish, you may fill in the mermaid with details and designs. For a neat effect, leave a small border of white between the designs and the Caribbean Background.
9. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |