Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Contact Paper Detail Brush Flat, thin object Pencil RAQUA201 Aqualon Wisp Brush Scissors Textured Sponge Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using a textured sponge, sponge Light and Dark Butternut onto the tile.
3. Paint quick strokes of Bright Brown on the tile with Aqualon Wisp brush.
4. Trace then cut a leaf from the template using contact paper. Apply to center of tile. Paint with 2-3 coats of Dark Purple. Once dry, remove contact paper.
5. Using a pencil, sketch out the words "Thankful" in the center of the tile. Trace over using a detail brush in Bright Briarwood. Let dry, and set aside.
6. Using a flat object such as a plastic card, dip one side in Bright Grey. Swipe the painted side of the credit card across the platter in multiple directions to smear the paint. Reapply paint on the same side as needed. Only coat coat of this is necessary.
7. Trace the two remaining leaves on contact paper. You will need several of these shapes. We used four of each leaf. Rearrange the cut-outs around the platter's rim. Press down firmly to apply.
8. Repeat Step 6 using Bright Brown. Once dry, remove the contact paper.
9. Paint the leaf shapes with a combination of Light Butternut and Dark Butternut. Allow 1/4" of space between the leaves and painted area.
10. Outline and accent the leaves using Dark Purple and Bright Briarwood.
11. Attach the tile, using any Duncan French Dimensions.
12. With a pencil, sketch out the words "for us" underneath the tile. Paint over with Dark Briarwood, Neon Red, and a detail brush.