Cowabunga! Technique Sheet
|Create this fun plate set using Cover Coats - a cool alternative to underglaze paints that can be used on greenware and bisque!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Create this fun plate set using Cover Coats - a cool alternative to underglaze paints that can be used on greenware and bisque!
126 Sauce Plate
240 Rim Dinner
CC106-2 Cover Coat Harvest Gold
CC158-2 Cover Coat Bright Green
CC159-2 Cover Coat Bright Blue
CC194-2 Cover Coat Red Wagon
CC202-16 Cover Coat Neon Blue
CC204-16 Cover Coat Neon Orange
CC205-16 Cover Coat Neon Green
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Contact Paper (optional)
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Lightly wipe each piece with a damp sponge to prepare for painting.
Sauce Plate : 1. Firmly adhere alphabet stickers to the center of the plate, spelling the name of your choice.
TIP: You can also use contact paper to create your own alphabet stickers, if desired. Sketch and cut out each letter on contact paper, remove backing, then adhere to plate surface.
2. Paint the entire plate with 3 solid coats of Neon Green. Let dry.
3. Use a small pin to gently remove each letter sticker from plate surface. Use the tapered end of a paintbrush to touch up any letters if needed.
Rim Dinner : 1. Use 3 coats of Neon Green to paint the plate center. Let dry.
2. On the rim, sketch out an assortment of beach-related shapes. For this project, we painted palm trees, buses, beach balls, and surfboards.
3. Paint each palm tree leaf using a detail brush and 3 coats of Bright Green. Paint the trunk of the tree with 3 coats of Butterscotch.
4. Paint each bus with 3 coats of Harvest Gold. Once dry, use a detail brush and Bright Blue to paint the roof rack.
5. Alternate using 3 coats of Bright Blue, Neon Blue, and Neon Orange to paint the sections of each beach ball. Leave the center circle unpainted white.
6. Use 3 coats of Neon Blue to paint the center stripe along each surfboard. Paint the remaining area of each surfboard with 3 coats of Red Wagon. Let dry.
Once completed, dip each piece in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |