Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Perfect for teacher's gifts, auction items, or for your favorite college student--this awesome project will be a hit!
5479 Heisman Trophy Player
5481 Medium Football (2)
5483 Large Helmet
5492 Mega Phone
5894 8 Inch Letter A (2)
5895 8 Inch Letter B (coming soon)
5906 8 Inch Letter M
CN201-8 Light Grey
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN509-8 Paprika Red
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
1/4" Painter's Tape
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Start by painting each of the tag-alongs. Use 3 coats of Bright Briarwood to paint both footballs, leaving the laces on each unpainted and white.
3. Paint the cone-shaped portion of the mega phone with 3 coats of Light Grey. Paint the very end using Paprika Red. With a detail brush and Dark Black, paint a small "A" in the center.
4. With a pencil, sketch out a number "1" on the shell of the large helmet. Paint the shell, around the number 1, with 3 coats of Paprika Red. Paint the areas in between the face mask bars with 3 coats of Light Grey, then paint the face mask using a detail brush and Dark Black.
5. Next, paint the Heisman trophy player. Use 3 coats of Light Grey to paint the pants, gloves, and the areas between the face mask bars. Then, use 3 coats of Paprika Red to paint the shell of the helmet (keeping the middle stripe unpainted) and jersey shirt. Paint the football with 3 coats of Bright Briarwood. Paint the shoes using Dark Black. Also, use a detail brush and Dark Black to paint the face mask bars and the face mask clip. Finally, use a detail brush and Paprika Red to paint a thin stripe down each leg.
6. Set the tag-alongs aside to dry as you work on each of the 8" letters. First, on each letter, use 1/4" painter's tape to mask an outside border, positioned about 1/4" away from the outer edges.
7. With a textured sponge, sponge the outer edge of each letter with Dark Black.
8. Paint the area inside the masked border on the "B" and "M" with 3 coats of Paprika Red.
9. On each of the"A" letters, use 1/4" painters tape to create stripes on the area inside the masked border. Alternate painting each of the stripes with 3 coats of Paprika Red and Dark Black.
10. Once each of the letters are dry, remove all painter's tape.
11. Using any French Dimensions as adhesive, attach one football and the mega phone to the "B." Attach the large helmet to the first "A." Attach the Heisman trophy player to the "M." Finally, attach the other football to the last "A." Press down firmly on each tag-along to ensure it is securely attached. 12. Dip each 8" letter in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.