Design your own handmade trinket 5.25" Tile Box! Paint this project with acrylic paint for an instant make and take project!
Download the Technique Sheet PDF for more tips and product info!
921 5.25" Tile Box 5706 Bisque Garden Daisy 8301 E-6000 Adhesive 3.7 oz 9599 Hydra Art Sponge RAA-113 Primary Cyan 120 ml RAA-116 Pthalocaynine Emerald Green 120 ml RAA-122 Primary Magenta RAA-145 Violet 120 ml RAA-147 Light Blue 120 ml RAA-148 Bright Yellow Green 120 ml SS330 Super Gloss Sealer Spray (optional)
Assorted Paintbrushes Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Wipe bisque with a Hydra Art Sponge to remove any dust.
2. Paint the bottom of the box using Primary Cyan. Set aside to dry.
3. Paint the box lid using Primary Cyan and Light Blue. To achieve a blended look, mix multi-directional brushstrokes using these two, or two other complementary, colors. Set aside box bottom to dry.
4. Paint the daisy petals using Primary Magenta.
5. Paint the daisy center with Violet. Use Violet, as well, with a detail brush to accent the texture on the daisy petals.
6. Allow tag-along to dry, then attach to your box lid using E-6000 Adhesive.
TIP: E-6000 Adhesive fully dries within 24 hours, so keep your box lid level until your tag-along is fully secure.
7. Paint leaf shapes around the attached daisy tag-along using Bright Yellow Green.
TIP: To avoid streaky brushstrokes when using lighter shades of acrylic paints, paint two coats for best coverage.
8. Outline and accent the leaf designs using Pthalocaynine Emerald Green and a liner or detail brush.
TIP: Use a Liner paintbrush for long detail lines, and a Detail paintbrush for smaller accent designs.
9. Once project is complete, allow paint to fully dry. For extra shine, spray your completed project with Super Gloss Sealer Spray in a well-ventilated area.