Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush 1/4" Painter's Tape Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Adhere a strip of 1/4" painter's tape to the outside surface of the vase by beginning first from 1 corner of the top edge and extending the strip of tape diagonally around until you meet the bottom of the vase.
3. Then, adhere strips of 1/4" painter's tape along on the left edge of each flat surface, from the top edge to the very bottom. By doing this, you should be left with separated sections on each outside surface of the vase.
4. Paint each section using 3 coats of one of the following colors: Bright Straw, Light Salsa, Bright Jade, or Bright Caribbean. Ensure that you do not paint the same color in adjacent sections. Let dry.
5. On each section painted with Bright Straw, use an Aqualon Script #4 brush and 3 coats of Dark Butternut to paint vertical striped waves until you have filled the whole area. Let dry.
6. On each section painted with Light Salsa, paint large dots to fill in the space using 3 coats of Dark Honeysuckle. Let dry.
7. On each section painted with Bright Jade, use a detail brush and 3 coats of Bright Nautical to first paint half-oval shaped outlines extending from the left and right edge of each section. Alternate sides as you paint these. Then, paint a smaller half-oval outline within each of the larger half-oval outlines. Let dry.
8. On each section painted with Bright Caribbean, use 3 coats of Dark Purple to paint curvy spots until you have filled each section pace.
9. Once the paint is completely dry in each section, remove all of the painter's tape strips. If needed, use the tapered end of your paintbrush to refine any sections so that you achieve clean, straight edges.