Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use a large brush to paint the center of the plate with 1 thick coat of Arazmatazz.
3. Immediately, while the paint is still wet, use a large brush to paint the remaining outer area of the plate with 1 thick coat of Sherazade. As you paint, blend the two colors where they meet. If needed, use a damp brush to blend.
4. Repeat step #2 and #3 2-3 additional times for full paint coverage. Let dry.
5. Paint the outer edge of the plate with wispy brushstrokes using Black Swan. For each brushstroke, begin at the edge and brush inwards towards the plate center. Let dry.
6. Paint the underside of the plate with 2-3 coats of Black Swan. Set aside to dry.
7. Use 3 coats of Ele-Fun to paint the plain circle. Once dry, paint two eyes with 3 coats of Snow Queen. Dot each eye with a detail brush and Black Swan. Let dry.
8. Once dry, flip the plate over again to work on the top surface. Using Black Licorice like adhesive, adhere the painted plain circle to the plate surface.
9. With a detail brush and 3-4 coats of Ele-Fun, paint four spider legs on each side of the adhered circle. Let dry.
10. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.