Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
The world runs on it--so why not pay it tribute with an adorable plaque? Hang it above your coffee maker for an instant lift.
JB109 Ex. Lg. Round Ruffle
CN232-8 Bright Briarwood
CN263-8 Dark Grape
CN282-8 Bright Brown
CN312-8 Bright Ginger
CN333-8 Dark Olive
CN506-8 Neon Coral
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Round Object to trace
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Trace a circle about 1/2" smaller than the circumference of the plaque.
3. Trace the same sized circle onto a piece of contact paper and cut it out. Remove the backing and apply to the center of the plaque. You'll be left with a thin border around the rim of the plaque.
4. Using an Aqualon Wisp Flat brush, paint quick brush strokes around the border, alternating Dark Grape, Bright Ginger, Dark Olive and Neon Coral.
5. With a detail brush, paint tribal-like zig-zag and dot patterns around the border. Use any of the prior colors used on the border, so long as no one color overlaps itself. Once dry, remove the contact paper circle.
6. With a pencil, fill 2/3 of the plaque's surface with coffee-related phrases, each in a different font. We used the following phrases: 1) "Morning's are grand with coffee in hand," 2) "Espresso Yourself," 3) "Better latte than never," 4) "So many blends, so little time," 5) "Java Junkie," 6) "Stay grounded," and 7) "I love coffee" with a heart replacing "love."
7. With a detail brush and a combination of Bright Briarwood, Dark Grape, Dark Olive, and Bright Ginger, paint the phrases. Paint the heart in the last phrase using Neon Coral. Paint an Olive Green dot in between each saying.
8. Sketch a simple coffee cup shape with 2 swirls above it. Underneath the coffee cup, sketch out the words "Bean Me!"
9. With a detail brush, paint the words in Neon Coral. Paint the coffee cup outline and swirls in Bright Briarwood. Then, paint small dots around the coffee cup using Dark Grape. Once finished, let your project dry completely.
10. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.