Dad's the Dude! Technique Sheet
|Dad will flip for this thoughtful gift! This customizable ceramic bisque project is perfect for Father's Day or anyday to show Dad your love!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Dad will flip for this bright and thoughtful gift!
1815 Picture Frame
CN021-8 Light Saffron
CN042-8 Bright Papaya
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN506-8 Neon Coral
CN512-8 Green Apple
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
To view a video guide on the shaving cream technique, click here.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Trace the provided dress tie and bow tie template onto contact paper and cut out. Remove the backing and position on your piece. Smooth out any air bubbles using the tapered edge of a Royal Brush.
3. Sponge Bright Papaya over the entire surface of the frame.
4.Dispense shaving cream onto a flat surface such as a paper plate. For our project, we smoothed the shaving cream with a squeegee to create a flat surface. For a funkier look, you can leave the shaving cream as is.
5. Add Neon Coral, Bright Caribbean, and Green Apple directly on top of the shaving cream. Using the tapered end of a Royal Brush, gently swirl the paints into each other, being careful not to muddle the color.
6. Flip your frame upside down and firmly press into the shaving cream mixture. You may wish to twist the piece or repeat to add interest.
7. Using a small amount of water, gently rinse off the shaving cream to reveal your funky design. Be careful not to soak the bisque piece. Once dry, peel off the contact paper.
8. Using 2-3 coats of Light Saffron and Bright Papaya, paint a checkered pattern onto the dress tie, making sure to separate the top and bottom sections. TIP: Painter's tape helps to achieve perfectly straight lines.
9. Paint the center of the bow tie Light Saffron, and fill in the rest of the shape with Dark Black. Outline both shapes using Dark Black and a detail brush.
10. Using a detail brush and lightly thinned Dark Black, paint the words "Daddy, You always look so" on the frame, leaving space for the word "cool".
11. Outline four small squares using Bright Caribbean, Green Apple, Neon Coral and Bright Papaya.
12. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06. Dad's the Dude!
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |