Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Black Permanent Marker Clear Elmer's Glue Non-Aerosol Hairspray Plastic Spoon Ruler Toothpick
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Position a Clear Transparent Slab horizontally, then use a ruler and black permanent marker to measure out and mark twelve 1" x 6" strips.
2. Use a Pistol Grip Glass Cutter to score each marker line. Break along each score with the Running Pliers.
3. Once all strips have been cut, use a ruler and marker to separate each strip into six 1" squares.
4. Score and break along each marker line to cut out each 1" square.
5. Position 2 rows of the 1" squares around the outer border of a 12" Square Clear Transparent sheet. Leave an approximately 1/4" gap in between each square.
6. Secure each square in place with pinpoints of Elmer's Glue. Allow the glue to dry.
7. Use a plastic spoon to generously disperse Teal Transparent Fine Frit to fill a large part of the blank square center of the glass piece.
8. Disperse a generous layer of Grape Transparent Fine Frit around the Teal frit-filled center. Allow the two frit colors to slightly overlap where they meet.
9. Disperse a generous amount of Lilac Opalescent Fine Frit along the outer border, covering the clear 1" squares. Again, allow the Lilac Opal Frit to slightly blend its way into the Grape Transparent Frit.
10. Use a paintbrush to brush off excess frit covering each clear 1" square. Once complete, each clear square should be visible.
11. Lightly spritz project with hairspray to secure frit in place.
12. Full fuse using the Spectrum segment 6 firing schedule.
13. Once the project has been full fused, drape as desired.