Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Start by sketching a rolling sand dune along the bottom of your Clear Slab with a permanent marker. Cover the area with a small amount of Klyr-fire Glass Glue, and fill in with a thin layer of Medium Amber Frit.
2. Using multiple colors of glass blocks, outline, score and cut your umbrellas. Arrange on the slab and secure with glue.
3. Line up black stringers in the center of each umbrella. Break off to look like they're buried in the sand.
4. For decorations, we used noodles, bits and rods to embellish each umbrella. To create dots, nip the end of a rod with your Wheel Mosaic Cutter into a nipping basket. Make sure the pieces are relatively thin, and secure with glue.
5. Finish your umbrellas by adding accent glass to the "points" of each one. We used scraps from our project.
6. Let Dry. Contour fuse using the 6 segment program provided.
Tip: This piece leaves a little room at the top to write a fun message once it's fired. Try "Welcome to Paradise!" or "Life's a Beach."