Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
No matter what day of the year it is, this gorgeous mug will be sure to get a reaction out of your guests!
2114 Skull Mug
CN012-8 Bright Straw
CN042-8 Bright Papaya
CN074-8 Really Red
CN142-8 Bright Aqua
CN181-8 Light Kiwi
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN262-8 Bright Grape
0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush
6 Royal Aqualon 2250
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Sketch flowers in the eye sockets, filling the entire space. In the center, create small circles and paint Bright Straw to create the center of the flower. Paint the flower petals Bright Aqua. Using the 0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush outline the petals, and fill in negative blue space with Dark Black.
3. Sketch flowers around each socket and paint Bright Papaya.
4. Go up about an inch from the socket and draw a wavy design, then fill in with Bright Straw.
5. Outline flowers and wavy area with Detail Brush and Dark Black.
6. Paint inside of nose Bright Aqua. Make two triangles as the nostrils, and paint Dark Black. Accent with Bright Kiwi and Dark Black dots around the nose. Under the center of the nose paint a Bright Straw dot. Layer on top with Bright Kiwi, and then a tiny Dark Black dot.
7. On either side of Bright Straw, paint a dot of Bright Grape, layered with Dark Black. Sketch a sideways diamond next to each dot and paint Really Red. Outline with Dark Black. Accent with more dots on either side in Bright Kiwi and Dark Black.
8. Paint gums Bright Kiwi. Paint bottom of jaw Bright Aqua. Decorate bottom jaw with thin Dark Black vertical lines.
9. Above the Bright Straw at the top of the skull, paint one petal in the center of the forehead Really Red and Bright Grape. TIP: Add a little water to blend colors.
10. On either side of petal, add two Bright Grape dots, one closest to petal a little larger than the other.
11. Draw swirls in Bright Kiwi, accented with Dark Black.
12. Create a sideways diamond on either side of the swirl that is Really Red. Outline in Dark Black, and create small Dark Black dots around it.
13. On either side of skull, where it is indented, create a large swirl in Really Red. Highlight one side of swirl in Bright Grape. Below, create a set of curved lines in Really Red and Dark Black.
14. Next to swirls, make three triangles painted in Bright Straw and outlined/accented with Dark Black.
15. Create Bright Kiwi dots, Bright Straw diamonds, Bright Grape dots and Dark Black dots and swirls on either side continuing to the back.
16. On the center of the back of the mug, Draw a five-petaled flower with a Bright Straw center and Really Red and Bright Grape Petals. Accent with Dark Black and create Bright Kiwi leaves around it.
17. For handle, make Bright Grape dots, layered with Bright Kiwi, and Dark Black. Fill in negative space with curved Dark Black lines.
18. Dip in Clear Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.