Bisque Imports / December Delights Technique Sheet
December Delights Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Festively dressed, this snowman cookie jar is the perfect holiday hostess gift - especially when filled with cookies!
1960 Snowman Jar
BLS902-8 Apricot Stone
BLS904-8 Strawberry Field
BLS905-8 Snow Queen
BLS908-8 Black Swan
BLS918-8 Mint Shake
BLS919-8 Mermaid's Song
BLS921-8 Mad Hatter
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the scarf with 3-4 coats of Limelicious.
3. Add shading along the scarf edges and crevices by side loading a round brush with Mad Hatter and gliding it along the edges.
Optional : Repeat the same shading technique in step #3 with Mermaid's Song to add shading along the crevices of the snowman body and along the hat brim.
4. Paint the stringed ends of the scarf with 2-3 coats of Mint Shake. Add detail lines within the crevices with Mermaid's Song. Let dry.
5. Paint the nose with a detail brush and Apricot Stone.
6. Paint each button with 2-3 coats of Black Swan.
7. Use a detail brush to fill in each eye. Add faint eyebrow lines with the same color, then add highlights to the eyes with Snow Queen dots.
8. Use 3 coats of Lollipop to paint circles on each cheek. Once painted, Trace over the mouth line with a slightly damp detail brush and Black Swan.
9. Paint the hat body and mittens with 3-4 coats of Strawberry Field. Repeat the shading technique in step #3 to add shading to the crevices with Black Swan. Let dry.
10. Dip in Colorobbia Super Clear Dipping Glaze and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |