Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Paint Dotters Painter's Tape Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use painter's tape to mask off the rim of the platter.
3. Dip a very damp, large brush into Bright Aqua. In the center of the plate, make quick, multi-directional brush strokes until the entire surface has been subtly covered. Keep wetting the brush as you go. Repeat using Bright Jade. Let dry.
4. With Green Apple, paint a curvy tree shape on the left side of the plate's center. Once 3 coats have been painted, damp your brush and make quick brush strokes outlining the tree to create a wispy outline. Repeat using Bright Caribbean near the right side of the plate's center, and again using Neon Coral in the center of the plate. Allow each tree to dry completely before painting another.
5. With a pencil, draw curvy trunks underneat each tree. Paint each tree with stripes of Really White and Really Red. Once dry, outline using a detail brush and Really Red.
6. Outline the trees and trunks in Black with a detail brush.
7. Accent the center tree with a Dark Grape downward curving zigzag, Dark Delft horizontal curving stripes, and Really White dots.
8. Accent the left tree by painting Neon Blue dots, some with Dark Grape outlines.
9. Accent the right tree with Bright Grape dots and a downward curving Dark Delft zigzag.
10. Paint a Neon Orange star nearest the center tree and 2 Bright Butternut stars, one each near the side trees. Subtly outline each star in Black with a detail brush. Once dry, remove the painter's tape on the rim of the plate.
11. On the rim, use a medium-sized Paint Dotter to sponge Bright Jade circles. Use a small Paint Dotter to sponge small, Neon Coral circles around the rim as well. Distribute the circles evenly. Let dry completely.
12. With a pencil, sketch out "Don't Get your Tinsel in a Tangle" around the rim. Use a detail brush and Black to trace over the words.