Latex Gloves Paintbrush Paper Towels Pencil Plastic Spoon (to mix grout) Q-Tips Small Disposable Bowl (for grout mix) Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Sketch an approx. 4" square in the center of the plaque with a pencil.
2. Using Weldbond as adhesive, fill in the center square with Square Mirrored tiles.
3. Sketch your border design with a pencil. For this project, we separated the border into several sections to create a burst of color.
4. Using an assortment of Smoothies, fill in the different sections around the border.
5. Let your mosaic project dry until all tiles are securely in place. Then, follow the grouting instructions below to grout your project using White Grout:
GROUTING INSTRUCTIONS : 1. Pour grout into a disposable bowl. 2. Use a plastic spoon to mix in small amounts of water until you achieve an oatmeal consistency. 3. Spread grout mix over project surface, allowing the grout to fill in all gaps between the tiles. Wear plastic gloves to keep your hands clean. 4. Allow project to dry for 10-15 minutes, then wipe off excess grout with a paper towel.
6. Once grouted, paint the edges with Orange or another acrylic color of your choice.