Bisque Imports / Ella-phant Technique Sheet
Ella-phant Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
This design paired with bold colors makes a huge impact on our classic Oval Plaque Kit. A simplified pointillism technique encases this Ella-phant in fun!
1014 Oval Plaque Kit
5826 A-Z" Letters
CN112-8 Bright Delft
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN504-8 Neon Orange
CN506-8 Neon Coral
FD258 French Dimensions Pure White
R2700-1/2 Aqualon Square Glaze/Wash 1/2 inch
Assorted Royal Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut out and trace the Elephant template onto your Contact paper.
3. Carefully adhere the contact paper to the desired position on your plaque. (Tip: Trace around the contact paper onto your piece. This makes for a crisper outline to follow later in the project!)
4. Using the rounded end of a Royal Brush, dip into Bright Delft and create thick dots on your piece. Dip into your paint between each application. There's no need to water down or use a second coat.
5. Now fill in the remaining space with dots of Bright Caribbean.
6. Once the wash is dry, remove the contact paper with a straight pin.
7. Using a smaller rounded end, begin your outline of the Ella-phant with Neon Orange. Leave a little space between each dot. Then, fill in with Neon Coral. We also added an eye with Bright Delft.
8. Using the Square Glaze/Wash Brush, paint the border of your plaque with Neon Orange.
9. Paint the letters of your name or message with a wash of Neon Coral. Once the letters have dried, you can apply them with a small amount of French Dimensions Pure White.
10. Let dry. Glaze and fire to cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |