Enjoy the Sweet Things Technique Sheet
|Summertime, and the drinks are sweet. Pair this pitcher with a set of matching drinking glasses to create a summer-ready serving set!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Summertime, and the drinks are sweet. Pair this pitcher with a set of matching drinking glasses to create a summer-ready serving set!
395 Funky Pitcher
8013 Art Tape Assortment
CN012-8 Bright Straw
CN031-8 Light Butternut
CN151-8 Light Blue Spruce
CN244-8 Really White
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
CN372-8 Bright Honeysuckle
CN373-8 Dark Honeysuckle
CN384-8 Fruit Punch
CN504-8 Neon Orange
CN505-8 Neon Green
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use a water-based marker to sketch a wavy line around the pitcher, extending just below the top handle end.
3. From contact paper, cut out 5-6 large circles, 6 triangles, and a rectangle label shape. Refer to the template as a guide for shape sizes.
4. Once cut, remove the protective backing from the label shape and firmly adhere to the center of the pitcher. Adhere each circle in scattered areas below the sketched wavy line. Adhere 3 triangles, in a curved formation, near the top edge of the pitcher to create a banner string. On the opposite side of the pitcher, adhere the remaining triangles in the same formation.
5. Paint the area above the wavy line with 3 coats of Light Blue Spruce.
6. Paint the area below the wavy line with 3 coats of Bright Butternut.
7. Separate the handle into 3 parts. Use Art Tape to achieve crisp edges for each section. Paint the top section with 3 coats of Light Blue Spruce, and the bottom section with Bright Honeysuckle. Use the EZ-Dotz applicator to paint small dots along the middle section of the handle. Allow paint to dry fully.
8. Once the paint has dried, remove the triangle and circle contact paper cut-outs.
9. Fill in each circle with 3 coats of Bright Straw. Let dry.
10. On each side of the pitcher, paint the banner flags. Paint thin, Neon Orange diagonal stripes on the left triangle banner. Paint the center banner with 3 coats of Neon Green. Once dry, add Really White dots with the EZ-Dotz applicator tool. Paint thick, vertical stripes on the right banner with 3 coats of Fruit Punch.
11. Use the EZ-Dotz tool to add Dark Honeysuckle dots along the top edge of the banner flags to create the banner string.
12. Use Art Tape to separate each painted large circle into 8 triangular sections. Within each large circle, paint a slightly smaller circle with 3 coats of Light Butternut. Once dry, remove the Art Tape.
13. Remove the label shape contact paper cut-out from the pitcher surface.
14. Use the EZ-Dotz tool to add Neon Green dots around the border of the label shape. Let dry.
15. Use a water-based marker to sketch "Lemonade" on the label. Use a detail brush and Fruit Punch to trace over the letters. Let dry.
16. Use a long handled fan brush to paint the inside of the pitcher with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean. Let dry.
17. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |