0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush Assorted Aqualon Brushes Contact Paper Image of Your Favorite Team Logo 1/4" Painter's Tape Pen Pencil Transfer Paper Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using the painter's tape, block off the inside rectangle. Once complete, create yard lines with the painter's tape about two inches apart (We used six pieces).
3. Next, cut out your team's logo and place on top of contact paper. Cut around the logo to create a contact paper template and adhere to the center of the platter/field.
4. Paint three solid coats of Kiwi Sprinkles in the center part of the platter to create the field.
5. Paint the stands Sunflower Yellow to match the Steelers colors. Feel free to paint the stands to match your favorite team. Once you have completed three solid coats on your platter remove all tape and contact paper from the center.
6. Take your team logo and place on top of transfer paper. Cut paper to fit into the space you allowed for the team logo on the field.
7. Place the transfer paper on the piece with the logo on top and trace using a pen.
8. Now paint logo accordingly. Once complete, outline field in Dark Black.
9. Using the rounded end of a paintbrush, dip into different colors of paint to create small dots that will act as the fans sitting in the stadium. Use colors that reflect your favorite team!
10. Paint three solid coats of Dark Black on the back of the platter.
11. Paint football bowl reflecting your team's spirit colors.