Bisque Imports / Fancy Santa Technique Sheet
Fancy Santa Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Cookies for fancy Santa!
2508 Sienna Salad
CN211-8 Light Taupe
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN311-8 Light Ginger
CN312-8 Bright Ginger CN313-8 Dark Ginger
CN371-8 Light Honeysuckle
CN512-8 Green Apple
CN516-8 Really Red Sprinkles
0 Royal Soft Grip SG585 Detail Brush
Assorted Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Print out template of Fancy Santa and cut out. Place Santa on top of contact paper and cut out. Peel backing off the paper and place on top of the plate.
3. Paint three coats of Green Apple on any of the areas left exposed on the plate, around Santa's face.
4. Let dry, and remove contact paper with a straight pin.
5. Place transfer paper and template down on top of the plate. Use the pen to trace the outline of Santa's face onto the template.
6. Now were ready to start painting Santa! First, using the Ivory, paint three coats in his beard and mustache area. Add in streaks of Light Taupe to give dimension.
7. Next apply three generous coats of Light Ginger to paint his face.
8. Using the Light Honeysuckle, paint his nose and create a light coat on top of his cheeks.
9. Apply three coats of Bright Ginger on the fur of the hat, including the ball by his beard.
10. Create the center of the leopard print randomly on top of the Bright Ginger fur using Dark Ginger. Create the outline around the print in Dark Black.
11. Fill in the hat with three coats of Really Red Sprinkles.
12. Using the liner and Dark Black, outline and accent Fancy Santa! Create dots on the fur of the hat as well!
13. Dip in Clear Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |