Bisque Imports / Fish Tales Technique Sheet
Fish Tales Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. Creating with mosaics opens up a sea of possibilities!
BIM535 Jungle Green Glitter Mosaic Tiles 10 mm
BIM541 Azure Blue Glitter Mosaic Tiles 10 mm
BIM578 White Smoothies
BIM584 Medium Red Smoothies
BIM590 Orange Smoothies
BIM8013-2 Goldfish Plaque
BIM-White-8oz White Grout
RAA-5110 Cadmium Red
ST356 Wheel Mosaic Nipper
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Use a pencil and the provided template as a reference to sketch the design onto the mosaic surface.
2. Using Weldbond as adhesive and a Wheel Mosaic Nipper to cut tiles to the desired size, adhere a White Smoothie tile to create the eye.
3. Adhere stripes of tiles extending diagonally across the fish body using Jungle Green and Azure Blue Glitter mosaic tiles.
4. On each fin, adhere an assortment of Orange Smoothies to fill half the fin surface that borders the fish's body.
5. Adhere an assortment of Medium Red Smoothies to fill in the remaining area of each fin.
6. Allow project to dry for 24 hours then follow the grouting instructions to grout your project using White grout.
7. Allow grout to dry for 24 hours. Then, use a paintbrush to paint the inner and outer edges with 2 coats of Cadmium Red. Let dry.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |