Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. We start by creating an entire second layer of glass made to look like rolling waves. We used our Medium Blue Opal, Sky Blue and Crystal Opal Blue blocks and sketched out the shapes with permanent marker.
2. Starting with one wave and building up from there, trace each section onto each subsequent block so they fit into each other. Tip: Do not worry if the glass cracks while you cut it. You could also switch this piece up to include more strips of glass rather than larger pieces. Secure each section with glue.
3. Fill in any empty spaces with Medium Clear Frit. Allow the frit to spill out of the cracks to create a bubbly texture to your waves.
4. Using a combination of your Orange Blocks, sketch the shapes of your fish with permanent marker. When you score the glass, make sure to make firm, steady grease lines to ensure easy cutting. Secure with glue.
5. Create fins and tails out of contrasting glass scraps. Finish off by breaking Red Stringers and layering them on your piece. The funky arrangement is so easy and cute!
6. Finish off your fishy friends by nipping Black Glass Rods into a nipping basket to create eyes. Secure to your glass piece.
7. Let Dry. Contour fuse using the 6 segment program provided.