Bisque Imports / Flippin Out Technique Sheet
Flippin Out Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
We used fun and versatile sprinkles and Bright Sapphire Color to revitalize a classic Bisque Imports shape.
187 Centerpiece Platter
957-2 Thin 'n Shade
9630 Detail Writer Bottles
CN122-8 Bright Nautical
CN352-8 Bright Sapphire
CN514-8 Straw Sprinkles
CN516-8 Really Red Sprinkles
CN517-8 Purple Sprinkles
CN521-8 Kiwi Sprinkles
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Ball Point Pen or Pencil
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
| || |
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Trace flip flop shapes onto Contact Paper and cut out shape with scissors. Apply the contact paper to the center of the platter.
3. Thin down Bright Sapphire with a splash of water or thin 'n shade.
4. Paint swirls of Bright Sapphire as a background with loose brushstrokes using a round number 7 brush.
5. Peel off the contact paper. Tip: A straight pin can help you easily peel up a corner of the contact paper without messing up your painting.
6. Sketch the straps of the flip flop onto your plate with ball point pen or pencil.
7. Use Kiwi, Purple, and Really Red Sprinkles to fill in the flip flops.
8. Apply three coats of Bright Sapphire to the rim of the platter.
9. Outline the flip flops and the edge of the platter with Bright Nautical.
10. Let Dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze. Fire to cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |