Flirty Florals Technique Sheet
|Can you say, wowza? This stunning set will catch the hearts and attention of all who encounter it! A truly mind-boggling design.
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Can you say, wowza? This stunning set will catch the hearts and attention of all who encounter it!
230 Rim Salad
240 Rim Dinner
250 Rim Charger
CN031-8 Light Butternut
CN062-8 Bright Salsa
CN122-8 Bright Nautical
CN141-8 Light Aqua
TCW157R8 Flower Frenzy - 8" Round Template
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
1/4" Painter's Tape
Thin Permanent Marker or Pencil
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe bisque with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
1. Position the template so that it covers 'â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â½ of the plate. Trace the template using a marker or pencil. With a textured sponge, apply a light coat of Light Aqua over the traced area and back of the plate.
2. Adhere 4 strips of 1/4" painter's tape parallel to the template. Paint the wide gap in the center of the plate with 3 coats of Light Butternut. Paint the striped area with 3 coats of Bright Salsa. Once dry, remove the tape.
3. With a detail brush, fill in the traced areas of the template design with 3 coats of Bright Nautical.
1. Position the template in the center of the plate.Trace the template design, including its outer edge, on the surface of the plate.
2. With a textured sponge, sponge the entire plate Light Aqua. Let dry.
3. Fill in the background of the template with 3 coats of Light Butternut. Paint around the edge of the template with 3 coats of Bright Salsa. Let dry.
4. Fill in the traced areas of the design with 3 coats of Bright Nautical. Use a textured sponge to apply Dark Butternut to the back of the plate.
1. Position the template in the center of the plate. Trace the outer edge of the template. Then, trace only some of the individual flowers of the template design.
2. Sponge over the traced flowers using Light Aqua. The sponged texture should extend only slightly beyond each flower's outer edge.
3. Adhere strips of 1/4" painter's tape across the plate in a striped pattern. Paint each stripe with 3 coats of Light Butternut, making sure not to paint over any of the traced flowers. Once dry, remove the painter's tape.
4. Paint the border, edges. and back with 3 coats of Bright Salsa. Let dry.
5. With a detail brush and 3 coats of Bright Nautical, fill in the floral details.
Dip pieces in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |