Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the base of the planter with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean, then set aside to dry.
3. On the outside surface of the planter, paint two opposite surface sides with 3 coats of Bright Jade.
TIP: Prior to painting, apply strips of Art Tape to achieve crisp, straight edges on each surface side.
4. Allow the painted surfaces on the planter to dry, then gently remove Art Tape.
5. Dispense Dark Pink, Bright Grape, and Dark Grape underglaze onto your palette.
6. Gather your flower shape sponges. Dab your first flower shape sponge into Dark Pink until fully covered, then position and apply sponge design onto one of the unpainted planter surface sides. Let dry, then repeat using Bright Grape and Dark Grape, cleaning the shape sponges in between applications as needed.
7. Let sponged flower designs dry completely.
8. Create stem designs, coming out from the flower designs, using a detail or liner brush and 3 coats of Bright Caribbean.
9. Add leaves onto the stem designs using a round brush and Green Apple. Let dry.
10. Once dry, add Dark Black outlines and accents to the flower and leaf designs using a detail or liner brush. Let dry.
11. Repeat steps #6 - #10 to replicate your floral design on the remaining surface of the planter. Let dry.
12. Paint the inside of the planter with 3 coats of Dark Pink. Let dry.