Bisque Imports / Flower Pop Technique Sheet
Flower Pop Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Pops of color and the classic look of checkerboard comes together to create this floral platter design.
303 Curvy Charger Plate
8012 Ã‚Â¾" Art Tape
CN062-8 Bright Salsa
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN302-8 Bright Caribbean
SG595-0 Soft Grip Gold Taklon Script Liner
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Use the provided template to sketch the large flower image in the center of platter.
3. Use 3 coats of Bright Salsa to fill in the center of the flower.
4. Paint the flower petals with 3 coats of Bright Caribbean.
5. Once the paint has dried, lightly sketch a large swirl in the center of the flower. Use a Script Liner brush to trace over the swirl with 3-4 coats of Ruby. Let dry.
6. Adhere strips of Art Tape across the platter to create stripes on the rim. Sketch lines across each unmasked stripe, such that each stripe becomes a row of equally-sized squares.
7. Within each stripe, use 3 coats of Dark Black to fill in every other square. Once dry, remove Art Tape.
8. Use a water-based marker to complete the checkered pattern on the rim. Fill in each appropriate checker square with 3 coats of Dark Black. Let dry.
9. Use a Script Liner brush and Dark Black to outline each flower petal.
10. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |