Assorted Aqualon Brushes AS548 Mask 'N Peel Skeleton Template Pen Straight Pin Transfer Paper Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Using the skeleton template and transfer paper, trace the outline of the couple and the outline of the flowers onto the center of the platter. Apply an even layer of Mask 'n Peel to cover the couple and flowers. Let dry.
3. Apply 2-3 coats of Light Pink all over the platter. Let dry and peel off mask. Use the straight pin start pulling the mask off the bowl. Once started, feel free to use your hands for easier removal.
4. Carefully place transfer paper and template onto the piece again. Trace in the details of the couple's suit and dress.
5. Once traced, it's time to add some color! Fill in the arch of flowers and bouquet with Really Red, Bright Honeysuckle, Bright Papaya, and Light Blue Spruce. Use Green Apple, Bright Wintergreen, and Bright kelp to create the greenery.
6. Now it is time to paint the couple! Carefully paint the heads, arms, hands, and chest of the couple in Ivory. Paint his suit and top hat ribbon in Light Heather. Add in details with the Bright Nautical.
7. Outline wedding dress and add shading by watering down the glaze a bit to her dress and outline in Dark Black. Apply curly strokes of Bright Brown in her hair. Using the Dark Honeysuckle, fill in flowers around her hair.
8. Using the template and transfer paper, trace the words, "Til Death Do Us Part Is For Quitters" around the base and outline in Dark Black.
9. Now create 8 evenly spaced clusters of flowers to frame the plate. Use the previous flower colors and styles to keep a form of unity throughout.
10. Paint the back and edge of the platter in Really Red.
11. Dip in Pure Brilliance Dipping Glaze. Fire to cone 06.