Bisque Imports / Friendly Cuppa Technique Sheet
Friendly Cuppa Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Explore the creative possibilities with Cover-Coats! You'll love how easily it covers and paints like an acrylic.
2738 The Ellie Mug
CC151-2 Cover Coat Rose
CC158-2 Cover Coat Bright Green
CC165-2 Cover Coat Black Brown
CC180-2 Cover Coat Papago Turquoise
CC185-2 Cover Coat Apricot
CC192-2 Cover Coat Dark Blue
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. With 3 coats of Papago Turquoise, paint the outside surface of the mug. Let dry.
3. Use a detail brush and 3 coats of Apricot to paint a larger oval around each eye. Once dry, fill in the smaller circle of each eye with Black Brown.
4. On each cheek - on each side of the handle - paint a small circle with 2-3 coats of Rose.
5. Paint the top half of the elephant trunk with 3 coats of Deep Turquoise.
6. Below the handle, use a detail brush and Black Brown to trace over the mouth line.
7. Paint each ear with 3 coats of Deep Turquoise. Once dry, overlay each painted ear with a smaller ear shape using 3-4 coats of Bright Green.
8. Along the bottom edge of the mug, use a detail brush and Dark Blue to create the elephant's body shape by painting the area under the mouth, under the behind, and in between each leg.
9. Add 2 thin lines with Black Brown to each foot to create toes.
10. Fill in the inside of the mug with 2-3 coats of Black Brown. Let dry.
11. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |