FriendsForever Technique Sheet
|Create this insta-keepsake frame to capture your favorite memories with your BFF! With some glaze and some love, create a perfect accent for anywhere!
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Create this insta-keepsake frame to capture your favorite memories with your BFF!
1797 Perfect Picture Frame 3x5
8013 Art Tape Assortment
CN074-8 Really Red
CN181-8 Light Kiwi
CN203-8 Dark Grey
CN233-8 Dark Briarwood
CN244-8 Really White
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN313-8 Dark Ginger
CN352-8 Bright Sapphire
CN510-8 Earthen Moss
CN511-8 Sunflower Yellow
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Across the frame surface, slightly above the midline, adhere a strip of thick Art Tape to create a crisp line.
3. Mix a Really White with a very small amount of Earthen Moss to create a beige off-white color. Paint the area below the Art Tape with 3 coats of the color mixture. Let dry.
4. Once dry, remove the Art Tape. Directly ordering the painted bottom section, adhere a strip of thin Art Tape across the frame surface. Use Art Tape to mask an approximately 2" x 2.5" rectangle shape in the top left corner, as well.
5. Paint the unmasked top portion of the frame with 3 coats of Dark Ginger. Once painted, use a large brush to add Really White brushstrokes to the area. Let dry, then remove all Art Tape.
6. Within the masked corner area, paint stripes using 3 coats each of Really Red, Sunflower Yellow, Bright Kiwi, and Bright Sapphire. Secure thin strips of Art Tape in between each striped area to create crisp lines between each color. Once dry, remove Art Tape.
7. Use a detail brush and 3 coats of Dark Briarwood to paint the masked midline stripe and the stripes in between the corner color stripes.
8. Use 3 coats of Dark Briarwood to paint the outer and inner edges of the frame.
9. In the top right corner of the frame, paint a small rounded square with 2 coats of Dark Briarwood. Let dry.
10. Paint a rounded square within the Dark Briarwood square with Dark Grey. Let dry.
11. Over the Dark Grey square with a Dark Black circle to create the camera lens. Paint the circle with 1 coat of Dark Black then overlay with 1 coat of Really White around the edges to create a reflective halo look.
12. Add Really White accent lines to the camera lens with a detail brush.
13. Along the bottom of the frame, use a water-based marker to sketch "#BFFs." Trace over the letters with a detail brush and Dark Black. Let dry.
14. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |