Bisque Imports / Frosty Cocoa Set Technique Sheet
Frosty Cocoa Set Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Create a part, or the whole holiday set for a healthy dose of seasonal cheer!
365 Latte Cup and Saucer
420 Traditional Mug
CN131-8 Light Tidepool
CN201-8 Light Grey
CN253-8 Dark Black
CN372-8 Bright Honeysuckle
CN384-8 Fruit Punch
CN504-8 Neon Orange
CN505-8 Neon Green
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
Lightly wipe all pieces with a sponge to prepare surface for painting.
Latte Cup : 1. Dip a toothbrush into Light Grey. Lightly speckle paint the cup's outside by using your thumb to flick the paint off of the toothbrush bristles.
2. With a pencil, sketch the eyes, a curved mouth line, and a carrot nose of the snowman on one side of the latte cup.
3. Paint the carrot nose with 3 coats of Neon Orange. With a detail brush, outline and accent the carrot using Dark Black.
4. With a small textured sponge, at the two ends of the mouth, lightly sponge small circles using Bright Honeysuckle.
5. Paint the eyes and the dots used for the mouth with a detail brush and Dark Black.
6. Use a pencil to sketch a ring around the latte cup about 1/2" from the bottom.
7. Alternate using 3 coats each of Neon Green and Fruit Punch to paint stripes along the bottom.
8. Paint the handle of the latter cup with 3 coats of Fruit Punch.
9. Paint the inside of the latte cup with 3 coats of Light Tidepool. Set aside to dry.
Saucer : 1. With a detail brush and 3 coats of Light Tidepool, paint simple snowflakes in the center ring of the saucer.
2. Paint the outer ring and bottom surface of the saucer with 2-3 coats of Dark Black. Set aside to dry.
Mug : 1. Roughly 1/2" from the top edge of the mug, use a pencil to sketch a wavy line around the mug. Then, on one side of the handle, sketch a small holly leaf with 3 circles as berries.
2. With 3 coats of Neon Green, paint the holly leaf.
3. Paint the area above the wavy line with 3 coats of Light Tidepool. Be sure to paint around the holly leaves.
4. Paint each of the berries with 3 coats of Fruit Punch.
5. WIth a detail brush and Dark Black, outline the holly leaves and berries. Also, paint a thin line down the center of each holly leaf.
6. Paint the area below the wavy line, and the handle, with 2-3 coats of Dark Black.
7. Finally, paint the inside of the mug with 3 coats of Fruit Punch. Let dry.
Once each piece is complete, dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || || Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |