Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Sketch three interlocking circles onto the ornament with ballpoint pen or pencil. You may wish to trace the circles onto contact paper, then apply the contact paper to the center of the ornament. You can use the bottom of paint bottles or round stickers to create this shape!
3. Apply a thick coat of White Sprinkles around the Snowman. Use short brush strokes to evenly spread the sprinkles. Tip: You may want to prop your ornament on a stilt so you can easily access each side as the paint dries. Once the wash is dry, remove the contact paper by lifting the edge with a straight pin.
4. Add a little water to the Light Aqua. Using a round brush, fill in the snowman shape with a thin wash.
5. Using a thin brush, paint small dashes of color along the head and body of the snowman to create a scarf. Alternate using Really Red and Bright Kiwi to create a striped scarf and toboggan.
6. Using a Detail Writer with a fine tip, outline the snowman in short Dark Black strokes. Add dots and short dashes of black to create the effect of movement. Then, you can add black buttons, eyes, a mouth, and stick arms. Create a carrot nose with a short stroke of Neon Orange.
7. Dip a small paint dotter into the Really Red and create a dotted outline around the edge of the ornament. Fill in the spaces in between each dot with smaller Bright Kiwi dots. (We used the rounded end of a paintbrush.)
8. Using a fine tip detail writer, paint small snowflakes around the snowman in Bright Aqua.
9. Finish your ornament with a message along the bottom of the Snowman and on the opposite side of the ornament! You can write a holiday message, a family name or the year.
10. Let Dry. Dip in Pure Brilliance Clear Glaze. Fire to cone 06.