Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Painter's Tape Toothbrush Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the entire 6" tile with 3 coats of Bright Ginger.
3. With a toothbrush, speckle paint the tile with Dark Black. To speckle paint, dip the bristles of the toothbrush into the paint, then use your thumb to flick the paint from the bristles to the tile surface. Let dry.
4. Use painter's tape to to mask off 2 vertical lines on the tile, to create 3 equal rows. Paint the 2 unmasked lines with 2 coats of Dark Black. Once dry, repeat this step to get 2 horizontal lines. This will create become the tic-tac toe board.
5. On one edge of the 6" tile, use 3 coats of Neon Blue to paint waves. Set aside to dry.
6. Paint each starfish with 3 coats of Light Blue Spruce. Once dry, speckle paint each starfish using Dark Grape.
7. Paint some of the crabs with 3 coats of Bright Salsa, and the remaining crabs with 3 coats of Really Red. Once dry, use a detail brush and Dark Black to accent each pincher, as well as to dot the eyes on each crab. Let dry.
8. Dip each piece in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.