Bisque Imports / Funky Platter Technique Sheet
Funky Platter Technique Sheet
Design courtesy of Bisque Imports
Let's have a cupcake party! This colorful, cute platter design will become your next favorite party essential.
Rim Plate Project Base
CN372-8 Bright Honeysuckle
CN505-8 Neon Green
CN507-8 Neon Red
CN515-8 Neon Orange Sprinkles
CN517-8 Purple Sprinkles
CN520-8 Caribbean Sprinkles
CN522-8 Really White Sprinkles
CN523-8 Ginger Sprinkles
CN524-8 Briarwood Sprinkles
Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the rim of the plate with 3 coats of Neon Green.
3. Overlay the rim with Bright Honeysuckle polka dots. Let dry.
4. Use the template provided to sketch out the cupcake trio illustration in the center of the platter.
5. Fill in each lower part of the cupcakes with 3-4 coats of Ginger Sprinkles. Let dry.
5. To paint the left-hand cupcake, use 3 coats of Purple Sprinkles to paint the icing, Neon Red to paint each cherry, and Neon Green to fill in the stem leaf.
6. For the center cupcake, paint the icing with 3 coats of Caribbean Sprinkles and the heart using Bright Honeysuckle.
7. Paint the icing on the third cupcake with 3 coats of Neon Orange.
8. Outline and accent each cupcake using a detail brush and Briarwood Sprinkles. Use the same color and brush to paint the cherry stem.
9. Add polka dots to each cupcake top using Really White Sprinkles.
10. With a water-based marker, write out "Let's have a cupcake party!" in the center of the plate. Use a detail brush and Briarwood Sprinkles to trace over each letter. Let dry.
11. Dip in Pure Brilliance and fire to Cone 06.
| Click here to view and download the Image! || |
| Click here to download the Technique Sheet PDF! |