Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Detail Brush Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Pour a quarter-sized amount of Light Grey onto your palette. Dilute the paint slightly with a large, damp brush. Brush 1-2 coats of the color wash in one direction across the lid and bottom surface. Let dry.
3. Fill in the teeth with a detail brush and 3 coats of Neon Orange.
4. Fill in each eye socket with 3 coats of Bright Grape. Use the same color to add small dots around each eye with a detail brush.
5. Fill in the nose with 2 coats of Dark Black.
6. Using a detail brush and Dark Black, lightly outline the teeth.
7. Dot the inside of each eye socket with Pure White.
8. Along the forehead of the skull lid, use a water-based marker to sketch a web design. Continue the web design onto the box bottom. See the provided template, if needed.
9. Use a detail brush and Dark Black to trace over the web design.