Assorted Royal Aqualon Brushes Black Ultra-Fine Sharpie Faux Fur Yarn Sponge Water
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Paint the outside of the cup with 3 coats of Bright Butternut. Let dry.
3. Create the look of fur using Bright Ginger and faux fur yarn! Experiment with different techniques to achieve this look: sponge the yarn, then wrap around the cup; bunch up the yarn, then use as a sponge; or, wrap a strand of yarn around the cup, and as you keep hold of one end, sponge over the yarn onto the cup. Once completed, let dry.
4. Use a fine black Sharpie to sketch out the animal face. For this project, we drew a cat's face.
5. Paint the face details to create your furry friend!
6. For this project, we used Bright Honeysuckle to paint the ears and tongue, Neon Orange to paint the nose and triangle stripes, Really White and Dark Black to paint the eyes, and Dark Black to paint the mouth and whiskers. Use Dark Black to trace the nose, stripes, and ears also.
7. Paint the inside of the cup with 3 coats of Neon Orange. Let dry.