Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Use a Ruler and Permanent Marker to measure out a 2" rectangle from the edge of the Alpine Blue glass strip. Use the Pistol Grip Glass Cutter to score along your line. Use the Running Pliers to break the glass along your score line.
2. Apply a thin layer of Klyr Fire Glass Glue on the rectangle surface with a toothpick.
3. Use a spoon to sprinkle a small amount of Deep Aqua Coarse frit on the rectangle. Repeat using Medium Blue Coarse frit towards the bottom of the rectangle.
4. Spritz Frit with hairspray to secure.
5. Once dry, lay on a piece of Thinfire paper and full fuse using Spectrum's six segment firing guide.
6. Once fired, apply a Small Bail with E-6000 Adhesive and allow to dry.
7. To accent with Artistic Wire: Cut a 5 inch strand of Gold Artistic Wire. Twist one end inside and around the small bail twice. Twist the wire twice around the glass pendant.
8. Before continuing, cut a 4 or 5 inch strand of Natural Artistic Wire. Twist one end of the wire around the second loop of Gold Wire on the back of the pendant. Twist tightly around the remaining Gold Wire, then twist this wire around the pendant once. Cut off any excess.
9. Twist the remaining Artistic Wire around the pendant once again, and cut off any excess wire. To secure the end of the final wire loop, twist its end around the above loop on the back of the pendant.