Assorted Paintbrushes Contact Paper Detail Brush Scissors Water Water-based Marker
Click on the item numbers to see more about the products in this technique sheet, and to order the items for your project.
1. Lightly wipe ware with a damp sponge to prepare surface for painting.
2. Cut out a heart shape from contact paper. Remove the protective backing, then adhere to the mug surface.
3. Paint the outside surface and handle of the mug with 3 coats of Bright Sapphire. Once dry, remove contact paper.
4. Using the template as a guide, sketch the triangle geometric pattern inside the masked heart shape with a water-based marker.
5. Using 3 coats each of Dark Butternut, Bright Honeysuckle, and Fruit Punch, fill in the various triangles to complete to geometric pattern design. If needed, label the sections prior to painting to map out color placement.
6. Paint the inside mug surface with 3 coats of Dark Butternut and allow paint to dry completely.